A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking

Monday, November 9, 2009

Ramblings of a Movieholic!!!

Its been a horribly long long time since i had a movie on which i can blabber for a blog.... so the empty mind just compiled a lit of my favourite movies of all times... to be very honest if you have missed any of these go and watch... and if there is something i have missed please let me know.... let the list go on...

PS I love you: this one is pretty evident with the whole lot of things that I have written about it already, I dont think it was a surprise for any one

Munich: Wow.... I`m totally fascinated by Israel and Palestine conflict and this movie is responsible for that... the cold hearted logic of the movie was just brilliant... the only thing that I thought could have been changed was the ending, there are certain things in which human and human emotions have no place... munich was one place where it was true

Omkara: I had to literally fight to get in the hall for this one, bunked office, bought tickets in black and what not... but it was worth every penny... my review also made my parents go for it, and it was a unmitigated disaster... guess it was not meant for people who can’t stomach ‘reality’... but the “language” aside it was a wonderful movie unleashing the power of politics

Sleepless in Seattle: this was the yash chopra and “KJo” genre of movie but way better ofcourse... in a way it was reliving an affair to remember but whatever it was amazingly well made... though I don agree with their assessment of tom Hank’s butt (I thought it was amazingly cute... ;))

Pretty Woman: a lot has been said about this one already... I loved the title track and I loved the fairy tale ending... if only you got this in life also things would be perfect then...

Momento: I hated ghajni... it was disrespect to the amazing movie made... in a typical fictional world where love and romance are the unforgettable emotions... this one is built and circled around hate and guilt... and what can be achieved if we can only tap them...  kind of wicked I know but still an amazing movie... truly brilliant

Inglorious Basterds: Now again when I think of this movie the thought that strikes me so much is how can you convey so much menace to a hall full of people in a far flung country... but it was amazing the first scene of the movie set the pace... I could not help feeling thankful that I was not sitting across that Nazi... one of the best Tarantino movies...

Guess who is coming for dinner tonight: the cutest movie I ever saw... I have always been a huge fan of English classic literature; this movie just reminded me of the 70’s hindi movies... slight comedies on a verge of romance... this movie brought back that nostalgia.... amazing sat night watch

3 comments:

Smiling_Solitude said...

well what i can say here is that these are good but definetely not the best(except the first three). i admit its a personal liking but wud like to give u two out of hundreds out there :
Schiendler's list
Shawshank Redemption
I can give u many more that can sweep u off.. let me know :)

Clueless Woman said...

I agree they were the good ones both of them... well two very good additions to the list...

humanobserver said...

Pitt has delivered a powerful performance in Inglorious Basterds.
exposemaximum.blogspot.com