A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Touchy Feely GUY!!!!!


Sometimes I have a feeling that men and women are not from different planets… ya I agree there are some fundamental differences, but deep down are they any different at all…???
I have three friends, one having some midlife marital crisis… another so insecure in life, marrying the first girl who met the "criterion"… and third still so hooked up on ex, still afraid to move on… and guess what they are all men… and there I have known women, who have taken life in their stride and moved on to happier times… I wonder how that works, isn’t it the women who are supposed to be falling apart, hung over and insanely emotional… when did the tables turned… and did they turn for better or for worse.
For me surprisingly it’s drastic… every relation in my life has had one thing in common… Absolutely No Commitments… I loved it… in fact now that I think about it… I guess I was more relieved they were like that… probably that was the charm of it… that was the power they had on me… but what now, as the men get more and more in touch with their feelings where does it leave the women… and then even if there were no commitments was I in anyway safe from the hurt… well absolutely no!!!! so is it that women are kidding themselves and men have learned their lesson…
Who knows????

12 comments:

Absolutely Lost said...

"Absolutely No Commitments… I loved it… in fact now that I think about it… I guess I was more relieved they were like that… probably that was the charm of it"
The idea you portray is clear and simple. Draw the line, don't let yourself get into attachments. But isn't it all about attachments?

Clueless Woman said...

yes it is... i have tried staying out of attachments... but it has never worked... its an illusion that u can stay without an attachment... i agree its all about attachment...

Absolutely Lost said...

"but it has never worked" - doesn't this contradict the absolutely no commitments theory?
Illusion :) well yeah it always is a materialistic realm in which one seeks the greater pleasures ;)

Clueless Woman said...

haa it does contadict it... that is the b**** of it.... had there been no contradictions life would have been simpler and easier.....

zo said...

really !!! who knows?? ;) interesting )

hey! cant seem to find any sharing engine on ur blog. y dnt u use something like Tell-a-Friend so that visitor like me can easily share ur posts with frens thru mails,IMs,blogs,socialnetworking sites etc...u cn simply register on www.socialtwist.com Do check it out :)

Clueless Woman said...

hey thanx for the suggestion....

Absolutely Lost said...

This contradiction is pretty convoluted. And as you say life would be simpler and easier without it. Nice perspective. After all, without the complexity there wouldn't be a life !

Clueless Woman said...

very true....

Absolutely Lost said...

chalo i will move to the other books in the $tore. Browse through 2nd last in my street and also do 'walk with me'

Indian girl with a twist!! said...

well i am a victim of commitments.. was so committed since the beginning that now without that i feel that life is bit empty... but its not because i love the commitment i am into but becos its a habit now... I wish I had a life with absolutely no commitments but then its a selfish world... you dont wana give but surely wana get some... ita s difficult balance to strike after all.. I failed and know that i would keep on failing for years now.. but then sometimes its all you can do...

Ram Iyer said...

men or women, when it comes to crisis, both of them may fall apart, but the fact remains, how they show it out, i've seen some women "taking it in their stride" on the outside and moving on, yet deep inside them they still have that sinking feeling... vice versa in case of men too ...

Clueless Woman said...

yeah.. but i still think men are the more sensitive species... it basically depends on the kind of experience you have had... in my case its been always like dat...